Mission and Vision
The mission & vision of CWARice is to conduct advanced rice research and development activities and provide training to rice scientists, experts, farmers and practitioners from these countries, with an emphasis on new production technologies that will be required to adapt rice production systems in the region to climate change.
CWARice will strive to be a regional center of excellence for technology development on breeding, production management, education, training facility, mechanization, marketing and industry on rice crop.
CWARice with its three principals: Collaboration, Coordination and Cooperation (C.C.P) between Central and West Asian countries including: Iran, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iraq, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan as well as regional and international organizations such as IDB, FAO, IRRI and ECO through established network of regional rice activists would:
- Serve as an advisory council in Central-West Asia providing feedback on national rice R&D priorities and needs for each member country, identifying common regional concerns and their technology and policy solutions
- Increase capacity building by encouraging respective Ministers of Agriculture to provide increased support and resources for training a new generation of young rice experts who will become future leaders for enhancing rice industry in the region
- On a need basis, organize special forums to identify issues of common concern, provide updates on technology development, and assist in the development and oversight of joint initiatives
- Improve the efficiency and equity of the rice sector including marketing, mechanization, through better and more accessible information, improved rice development and research (R&D) and new regional rice policies
- Encourage all relevant stakeholders, Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s) and Non-Profit Organizations in the CWA region to carry out capacity building operations for improving rice R&D
- Identify opportunities to develop collaborative programs, initiatives and activities aligning national rice R&D activities
- Facilitate CWA networking and establish rapport with member NARES (National Agricultural Rice Extension Services) (including private sector and NGO’s, rice industry, marketing and etc)